Lead Front End Developer
Lead Front End Developer
Rize is looking for a talented full-time Lead Front End Developer with React experience to work in our Arlington, VA office right across from the Courthouse Metro (when we’re able to safely return from working remotely)!
At Rize, we’re building the banking platform of the future — one that unifies spending, saving, and investing in ways current banks can’t. We’ve built a truly differentiated product capable of independently managing multiple pools of money across different account types. We’re dedicated to intelligently helping people achieve their financial goals. This is your chance to rebuild banking from the ground up.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A talented, senior level Front End Developer to join our 6-person engineering team. You are a quick study on existing code and are able to find new technologies and tools to help build out our fintech software. You get excited about building something from the ground up and having a say right from the get-go. You have no problem understanding high-level architectural designs and patterns. You have experience building out full solutions while keeping the business’ goals and the “big picture” in mind. You look forward to sharing what you’ve learned over the years and helping guide members of your team in the right direction and are willing to actively mentor intermediate and junior developers.
You will get the chance to work on brand-new products using the latest web technologies, including React, Redux, and TypeScript. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company and have impact and ownership right out of the gate. Our ideal candidate is not only excited about crafting user-centered products but also about building out the front end processes and team structure to support it. We’re looking for someone who is just as interested in pushing code across the finish line as they are talking with non-technical team members about the product.
• Lead the design and implementation of our front end tools
• Actively mentor intermediate and junior developers
• Identify, implement, and guide others on best practices
• Plan, develop, and test fantastic user experiences on the web and mobile
• Produce clean and maintainable code with solid test coverage
• Optimize web/mobile apps for maximum speed and scalability
• Participate and provide feedback in code reviews, product design, and feature decomposition
WHAT YOU NEED
• 4+ years front-end development experience
• Strong knowledge of JS (ES6)
• Experience with React or similar frontend frameworks (Vue, Angular, etc.)
• Strong product and design sensibilities
• Solid understanding of REST APIs
• Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Comfort with communicating and collaborating with non-technical teams
Don’t worry if you don’t check every single one of our boxes–-we look for talented people with passion and curiosity but you should have some good work experience under your belt and enough comfort with tools to build out processes.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
• You want to play a key role in changing the financial world for the better
• You want to be part of building something from the ground up
• You want to solve a new problem every day
• You work well with the fast pace and ambiguity inherent in a start-up
Write a short note to firstname.lastname@example.org about why you feel you’d be a good fit for the position. Please use the subject line “Lead Front End – your last name”. Include your resume and links to any projects you’d like us to see