Sr. Backend Engineer
Sr. Backend Engineer
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A talented Senior level Rails engineer to join our 4-person backend engineering team. You are a quick study on existing code and are able to find new technologies and tools to help build software. You get excited about building something from the ground up and having a say right from the get-go.
You should be able to solve problems using creative solutions and implement them effectively. You should have extensive experience building out APIs and you should feel right at home designing complicated data models that will meet the needs of a growing platform. You will help build the engine that runs Rize and make sure it can handle whatever it needs to haul. You should be excited about cutting-edge software development and your work should reflect that. If you want to look back in 10 years at a company that had a huge positive impact on the financial industry and say, “I helped build that”, then this might be the right role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
• Building out a RESTful API for our banking platform
• Designing and implementing our backend infrastructure
• Writing thorough unit and integration tests
• Integrating our platform with third-party services and APIs
• Leveraging open-source software
• Helping our business team analyze our data
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
• Ruby and Ruby on Rails
• RESTful architectures
• Object-oriented design
• SQL databases
• Server-side web-application frameworks
• Git and developing in linux-like environments
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
• You want to play a key role in changing the financial world for the better
• You want to be part of building something from the ground up
• You want to solve a new problem every day
• You work well with the fast pace and ambiguity inherent in a start-up
• Write a short note to firstname.lastname@example.org about why you feel you’d be a good fit for the position. Please use the subject line ‘Sr Backend Engineer – your last name’.
• Include your resume and links to one or two representative projects, preferably with code.