WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a talented designer to bring visual polish, impact, and consistency to our interfaces and marketing assets. While you will sit in the User Experience team, you will work closely with the growth, business, and engineering teams to produce thoughtful and visually compelling assets and UI. We’re a small and agile team, which means you’ll be working on a broad spectrum of design jobs — from creating icons for our admin dashboard to website design for our marketing site to building out assets for pitch decks and marketing communications. As the first visual designer on the team, you will have the opportunity to establish and build up brand guidelines. While this is primarily a visual design position, there is also opportunity to grow or use UX capabilities to explore and serve user needs, including creating wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups and assets for user research and testing. If you’re someone who works well in ambiguity and can set your own direction, this is a great opportunity to join an early-stage company and have impact and ownership right out of the gate!
- Work closely with the UX manager to design visually impactful UI from wireframes and flows.
- Create icons, illustration and graphics to be used in-app and across marketing platforms.
- Gather requirements for and present work for review with UX, engineering, and growth teams and other internal stakeholders.
- Build out and maintain design systems, UI components, and assets.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure UI and components are implemented as intended. Create and deliver assets that are easy for developers to understand and implement.
- Continuously enhance design skills, knowledge of digital design trends, and remain current with technological advancements within the creative industry.
- A designer with 1-3+ years of visual design, graphic design, and/or user interface design experience
- Experienced at working on and building out design systems
- Highly organized, including clear file and asset management
- Comfortable with Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
BONUS POINTS if you have
- Worked on an early-stage product before
- Experience building out component libraries
- Illustration and icon design skills
- Interaction design or UX skills
Don’t worry if you don’t check every single one of our boxes — we look for talented people with passion and curiosity but you should have a design eye and some good work experience under your belt.
WHY WORK AT RIZE
- You’ll be building something from the ground up. You’ll have a chance to take ownership over the visual design and scale tools and processes.
- We’re changing the banking industry for the better — allowing our customers to offer user-centric financial tools.
- We offer a competitive salary as well as stock options in the company. We treat you like an owner because you are!
- We trust you to get your work done so we offer unlimited PTO and a flexible WFH policy.
- We’re a small, close-knit team and we always make room for fun in our busy schedules. We have weekly team lunches and monthly team outings.
- Write a short note to email@example.com about why you feel you’d be a good fit for the position. Please use the subject line ‘Visual Designer – your last name.’ Include your resume and a link to your portfolio.